Managing Associate, with a keen interest in cartel litigation (6-8 yrs’ experience)
For our Amsterdam Dispute Resolution Practice we are looking for a Managing Associate with a keen interest in cartel litigation (6-8 years of experience).
Wie zijn wij
Linklaters is one of the leading global law firms, with approximately 2,900 lawyers with 29 offices in 20 jurisdictions. We have been active in the Dutch market since 2004. Our Amsterdam office currently consists of 69 lawyers, including 13 Partners and Counsels.
We have embarked on a further growth strategy for our Dispute Resolution practice worldwide. In 2019, we have further expanded our Dutch Dispute Resolution practice which now consists of 2 Partners (Gerard Meijer and Daniella Strik) and 14 Associates, 2 PSL’s and 1 Paralegal.
We have a position for a Managing Associate, with a special ambition to play a key role in the expansion of our cartel litigation practice.
Over the past decade, this group has won mandates in i.a. the following cartel litigation cases:
- a leading European airline in its defense against damages claims in relation to the alleged air cargo cartel;
- a petrochemical company in its defence against recourse claims of co-cartel members in the bitumen cartel;
- an multinational electronics company in relation to a collective action initiated by Consumentenbond in relation to the CRT cartel;
- an investment bank in its defence against a damages claim in relation to the power cable cartel;
- a beer manufacturer in a collective action following the European Commission’s decision relating to the Dutch beer market.
Key responsibilities and challenges
- You will be working on challenging matters for Dutch and international clients.
- You will be preparing dispute resolution strategy, drafting litigation and arbitration documents and settlement agreements, researching and advising our clients.
- As part of the team, you will also participate in business development activities.
- You will have an important role in managing case-teams with more junior lawyers.
- Participating in the legal academic debate by writing articles will be encouraged.
Characteristics, Skills & Experience required
- You are qualified in Dutch law and have 6-8 years of experience.
- You will have experience and a keen interest in cartel litigation, alongside an interest in liability law and (class action) litigation beyond that specialist area.
- You have the entrepreneurial spirit to expand a practice.
- You have a strong analytical legal mind and enjoy drafting litigation documents in a convincing and precise manner.
- You like the challenge of investigating factual and legal issues to find that winning argument for our clients.
- You have excellent drafting skills in Dutch, good drafting skills in English.
- You are able to demonstrate an imaginative and commercial approach, combining this with a commitment to deliver the highest quality standards to our clients.
- You are able to manage a case-team and coach junior lawyers that are part of such a team.
- You have the perseverance and resilience to perform well under pressure, and are honest and reliable.
- You enjoy working in an international team alongside highly accomplished lawyers from different disciplines from across the world.
- You have good commercial judgment and relationship building ability with clients.
- Innovative and practical
- Team player
- Commercially minded
- Inspiring, supporting and coaching others to learn.
- Being part of a leading global firm with access to colleagues in 20 other jurisdictions to address legal issues and business development opportunities and a Dutch team with strong ambition to expand.
- Working closely with Linklaters’ competition team, one of the world’s leading antitrust law practices.
- Participating in Linklaters Law & Business School, a framework for on-going professional development. Together with your international colleagues you will have access to a comprehensive range of learning activities, relating to skills and legal knowledge.
- Option to follow one of the leading post-graduate courses in the area of EU competition law.
- A market leading compensation and benefits arrangement.
- An inclusive culture that empowers people to determine where they get their work done. We will trust you to make the right choice about when you need to be in the office to maintain excellent client service, fulfil your work obligations in the most effective way and maintain cohesion within your team.
How to Apply
Please apply online using the link below, attaching your CV, grade transcripts, a letter expressing your motivation and any other supporting documents. Part of the application process is making an assessment (a test) and we might ask you for referencess.
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact Inez van Gendt, HR Assistant via 020-7996200 or Inez.email@example.com.
- You are qualified in Dutch law
- 6-8 years of experience
- Being part of a leading global firm with access to colleagues in 20 other jurisdictions to address legal issues and business development opportunities and a Dutch team with strong ambition to expand
- Working closely with Linklaters’ competition team - one of the world’s leading antitrust law practices
- Participating in Linklaters Law & Business School - a framework for on-going professional development. Together with your international colleagues you will have access to a comprehensive range of learning activities - relating to skills and legal knowledge
- Option to follow one of the leading post-graduate courses in the area of EU competition law
- A market leading compensation and benefits arrangement
- An inclusive culture that empowers people to determine where they get their work done. We will trust you to make the right choice about when you need to be in the office to maintain excellent client service - fulfil your work obligations in the most effective way and maintain cohesion within your team
Linklaters LLP is een toonaangevend internationaal advocatenkantoor, met 2.800 advocaten en vestigingen in 20 landen. Linklaters adviseert bedrijven, financiële instellingen en overheden bij belangrijke juridische kwesties en complexe, veelal grensoverschrijdende transacties, projecten en procedures
020 - 7996385
Hoe werkt het
U vindt een interessante vacature.
Via de solliciteerbutton vult u uw naam en e-mail in.
Via de verzendknop stuurt u uw gegevens en naar de vacaturehouder welke contact met u opneemt rondom uw interesse.
Ervaren jurist MKBFull time, WO, Oss, Legal, € 6 000,00
Stafjurist (commissiesecretaris), team bestuursrechtFull time, WO, Den Haag, Legal, € 5 039,00